Please read the information below carefully
Skin breaks during tattooing, resulting in a wound. If you take care of the tattoo, it heals in about 6 weeks. If the tattoo is covered with a sterile compress or a household foil, you can remove this after 3 to 5 hours. You can shower with a tattoo.
Treat the uncovered tattoo injury as follows:
- wash the tattoo twice a day with mild unscented soap;
- pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel after washing;
- coat the wound with a specific aftercare ointment;
During the healing process, make sure that you:
- touch the tattoo as little as possible (wash hands before caring for the wound);
- do not scratch the tattoo;
- do not cover with tight or dirty clothing;
- do not cover with bandages or bandages;
- avoid (bubble) baths, swimming pools, saunas, and steam baths;
- do not expose the tattoo to sunlight or a tanning bed.
- even after it’s healed, it’s sensitive to sunlight so always cover with sunscreen.
Important: Contact a doctor in case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, fluid, color change or chronic pain.
For more info, visit the [Hygiene Directive for Tattooing](https://www.rivm.nl/).
Nazorginstructie tatoeage, LCHV Juni 2014